Sunbelt Staffing has an urgent need for a Medical Technologist. Must have or be willing to get your Louisiana Licensure.
The Medical Laboratory Technician will perform urine testing, analysis, and reporting on specimens, ensuring accuracy and quality control. The Medical Laboratory Technician is responsible for the technical and scientific oversight of the laboratory and ensure accurate methods of control are performed in the testing and analysis process.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology, Science or Associates Degree in Medical Technology
· American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP)
· Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners (LSBME) licensure required or to be obtained.
· HIPAA Certification required or to be obtained.
· OSHA Certification required or to be obtained.
· 2-4 years’ laboratory experience preferred; toxicology or hematology
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Performs High Complexity testing using HPLC-LC/MS/MS Technology.
- Performs Moderate Complexity testing in the following departments: Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, and Urinalysis.
- The ability to confidently assess peripheral blood smears and urine microscopy.
- Prepares samples according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- The ability to understand mass spectrometry technology, calibrations, quality control, and patient results.
- The ability to confidently analyze and report results.
- Receive and process incoming specimens.
- Prepare reagents – calibrators and QC.
- Complies with all laboratory and safety policies.
- Perform quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting per operating procedures.
- Assist with inventory control and ordering.
- Assist with maintaining accreditation requirements.
- Must be able to work independently, and possess good communication and teamwork skills
- Obtain and maintain unencumbered licensure and certifications annually or as required.
- Responsible for successful completion of all continuing education units (CEUs) as well as implementation and training of information under supervision of the Laboratory Manager.
- Responsible for gathering materials and logging all QA/QC information required to maintain compliance with COLA.
- Perform urine specimen testing and analysis using detailed laboratory instrument and equipment.
- Select test methodology appropriate for the clinical use of the test results and establish acceptable levels of analytic performance and maintaining level of performance.
- Provide detailed report of results from testing and analysis for review.
- Verify quality controls for accurate and valid testing results.
- Interact with laboratory employees involved in data entry of demographics, testing, analysis, and reporting processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of information.
- Identify needed training for laboratory staff and report findings to Laboratory Manager to implement improvements as needed.
- Manage standards inventory and process supply orders as applicable.
- Review and approve laboratory instruments/equipment for accuracy and perform basic troubleshooting as needed.
- Assist the company and appropriate staff during various audits and assessments of operations.
Please contact me directly