Medical Technologist needed in beautiful North Carolina!
This is a contract position-13 weeks
8:30 PM to 7 AM or 5 PM to 3 AM
Certification as a Medical Technologist by a nationally recognized agency/board is required. 2 years MT experience in a clinical setting preferred.
- Directs and performs standard laboratory procedures for diagnosis and treatment of disease to include chemical, microscopic, bacteriological, immunological, hematological, and coagulation studies.
- Operates equipment to make qualitative and quantitative analyses of specimens. Recognizes abnormal trends or results and makes required decisions and corrections.
- Performs in a teaching role as required.
- Assists with patient phlebotomy, registration and order entry.
- Essential Functions Completes required daily procedures and checks that equipment is maintained in good working order.
- Ensures work area is cleaned, stocked, and organized daily.
- Performs manual calculations and documents results accurately.
- Analyzes and reports test results, applies rules of specimen rejection, and arranges recollection of specimens as needed.
- Acts as in-charge tech when requested.
- Follows established general safety procedures and utilizes PPE appropriately.
- Coordinates work to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency in performance of assigned tasks.
- Recognizes and deals with priorities.
- Ensures that patient billing is accurate for testing performed.
- Physical Requirements Moderate lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying in a busy environment.
- Lifts weights up to 25 pounds and infrequently in excess of 25 pounds with assistance.
- Frequent walking, standing, stooping, and reaching. Use of computer for long periods of time.
- General hospital environment with some exposure to chemicals, pathogens, and patient blood and body fluids.
- Some latex exposure may be expected.
- Low doses of constantly monitored radioactivity may occur in some job functions.
Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology or related field. Med Tech experience in a hospital setting.: 2 Years Certification as a Medical Technologist by a nationally recognized agency/board is required. AMT or ASCP
Please send your resume directly to Crystal.Ray@sunbeltstaffing.com